Sunday, July 27, 2008

ta da! the blog is operational

we're counting down to the beginning of the Olympic Games
~ 15 days, 4 hours, 41 minutes, and 25 seconds ~

standing in front of the spiffy BOCOG car with Mr. Liu

giant fuwa, perfect for taking pictures with

For all those individuals who would like to know how I am doing, I can say that I have successfully and safely made it to Beijing. I’ve already been in China for the past week and a half, so…I sincerely apologize for not having my blog site up and running earlier. Once we hit the ground, life has been go go go. As of yet there hasn’t been a dull moment. Every night, as soon as my head hits the pillow I conk out. On average, I’ve been working 15-hr days and logging in 80-hr weeks. Obviously, there is a lot of work to be done before the Beijing Olympic Games begin.

As it it’s Sunday night, I thought it would be an opportune time to finally have a functional blog. But because it’s late on Sunday night, I feel that a top 8 list of exciting events, scintillating social encounters, and random occurrences will have to suffice. Please direct you eyes below, for the latest on my adventures in Beijing:

Staying at the Beijing Hilton for the first two nights after I arrived
7. Learning to say trash can, air conditioning, and diet coke the Beijing-er way
6. Riding in the BOCOG car and all its traffic privileges
5. Going to BOCOG to pick up tickets, and taking pictures with the giant fuwa
4. Getting my luggage back after the airline company lost it
3. Sleep. And definitely recovering after the major change in time difference
2. Finding out that despite my Taiwanese/American accent and vocabulary, I can still navigate Beijing and order food
1. Being allowed into the country, despite not having the right numbers on my passport

Much love everyone, I hope to better about blogging from here on out and anticipate keeping in touch with all of you.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Isn't Beijing HOT? I remember it being close to stifling when I was there a couple summers ago. Make sure you eat plenty of steamed dumplings while you're there. Nothing stateside comes even close.

I'm glad you're having a good time!

Michelle said...

yay phoebe,,,i'm so happy for you!! keep us updated!